Please note that most nationalities require a visa to visit Myanmar. Passport holders from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, and Vietnam do not require a visa to enter Myanmar for visit up to 14 days. Please visit http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/for more information.
The length of stay allowed is 28 days from the date of arrival in Myanmar for a tourist visa. The eVisa is valid for 90 days from the approval date. Please note that it is for SINGLE ENTRY only. We suggest that you apply your visa in August 2017.
1. Apply on-line via http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/NewApplication.aspx#
If you are arriving by air into Yangon, Mandalay or Nay Pyi Taw, e-visa is recommended. You should have a soft copy of your photo, credit card and flight itinerary ready. Upon submission, you will receive an acknowledgement via email. When you receive the visa authorisation/approval letter by email, please print a copy and carry with you to Myanmar. The fee for tourist visa is USD 50/-.
2. Apply for Visa-on-Arrival (VOA)
Please note the requirements for visa-on-arrival application.
- A valid passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date of departure from Myanmar.
- Two recent (4cm x 6cm) color photos taken within the past six months.
- A letter of invitation from the sponsoring company. (Note: stay cannot be extended.)
- Produce letter of invitation by the ministries concerned if he is going to attend meetings, workshops, events and ceremonies.
- Not be allowed to engage in any sort of work with or without charges apart from the professions mentioned in the visa application form.
- Produce air ticket to the destination if he is applying for transit visa.
- Stay at the hotels, motels and guest houses holding legal licenses issued by Myanmar Government, and factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings; and exactly mention the address he will stay at.
- Have under-seven-year-old children accompanying parents in the passport granted visa free of charge; be able to produce the evidence of parent-children relationship if the children are holding separate passport.
- Abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team.
- Apply for Visa on Arrival at Airport Immigration Section obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population.